Saturday, November 9, 2013

Music for a Peaceful Friday


Here are some tunes stuck in my head today. Enjoy the Friday evening! I think I will spend it relaxing, reading, and listening to jazz. I'm currently perusing a biography of jazz legend Wayne Shorter and feel I owe it to his great music to devour some jazz this weekend. Shorter could write jams like "Tom Thumb" and some ethereal and emotionally complex pieces, such as "Footprints." Also, don't forget your salsa! Ismael Rivera and Rafael Cortijo might be my favorite Puerto Rican musical group. 

Last but certainly not least, I met an old man from Jamaica who has lived in the US for over 40 years. He claimed he went to school with Bob Marley, which is certainly possible. He was a little 'off' though and was obsessed with potentially winning the lottery. Anywho, enjoy your reggae, too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment