Thursday, August 13, 2015

A Portrait of the 'Typical' Madisonian

The following is a short satirical piece written in honor of my time in Madison. The caricature of the typical Madisonian, Leaf, is based on several people I encountered and knew too well. Enjoy!

"Hi, my name is Leaf. I am a vegan whose favorite meal is bean soup with bay leaves, kale chips, and quinoa. I only shop at the food co-op for obvious reasons. My preferred gender pronoun is they, and while I can excuse racism, I draw the line at animal cruelty. My hobbies include biking, camping, and brewing kombucha. On Friday nights I enjoy discussing institutional racism in a whites-only party while drinking PBR. Oh, and the only music I listen to is stuff so underground you probably haven't heard it yet."

No comments:

Post a Comment