Monday, August 27, 2012

McCoy Tyner's Best Piano Work

Here are some of my favorite songs featuring the great Philadelphia-raised jazz pianist I saw perform at in high school. I wish I was into jazz back then, so I would have a much better recollection of Tyner's amazing performance. Anywho, here are some of my favorite recorded moments featuring his unique piano voice.

Ole  from Ole Coltrane

Juju from Wayne Shorter's Juju

Spiritual (Coltrane)

Dahomey Dance 

Aisha

Africa



My Favorite Things

Greensleeves

Impressions

Afro Blue

Deluge 

Mahjong

Resolution (A Love Supreme)

Pursuance

Passion Dance

Contemplation

Blues on the Corner

Ebony Queen



Liberia

Dear Lord

Verse

Una Muy Bonita

8/4 Beat

El Barrio

House of Jade

Crisis

Mr. Knight

India

Brazilia, parts 1 and 2

Central Park West

Naima

Isotope

Equinox

Syeeda's Song Flute

Mr. P.C.

No comments:

Post a Comment