Monday, January 24, 2011

Songs Stuck in My Head


For the last 2 weeks, the following songs have been stuck in my head so y'all should listen to them as well.

I recently listened to Nas's Illmatic album again and some of the song have been stuck in my head, especially One Love. One Love is a based on a letter Nas sent to a friend in prison. It has a great jazzy beat that was produced by Q-Tip, best known as a rapper in A Tribe Called Quest.


The following are just some of my favorites from the album

Life's a Bitch

The World Is Yours

Memory Lane (Sittin' In da Park)

Here's another favorite of mine not from Illmatic
Purple


In addition to Nas, some Gil Scott-Heron has been stuck in my head lately.
This song, about a guy who thinks he's a ladies man but really isn't is a great jazzy and funky song written by Gil Scott-Heron at the zenith of his recording career.

No comments:

Post a Comment