Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Gravediggaz: Niggamortis/6 Feet Deep

Great beats, great rhymes, great samples. Prince Paul's eclectic sampling and production, RZA (RZArector in this group) and the Wu-Tang influence,  and 2 other decent rappers make this an enjoyable listening. One of the guys half-raps, half-sings, like Ol' Dirty Bastard and the beats be hard. Prince Paul, known for producing for De La Soul, delivers some hardcore beats with assistance from RZA on one or two tracks. Hardcore hip-hop beats, metal/rock, jazz-rap, and boom bap beats  The witty lyricism is stunning too. If you are offended by dark lyrics espousing violence, rape, etc., this album is not for you. For those of us smart enough to realize that they're just joking and that the main reason for horrorcore is just to create a parody of gangsta hip-hop. You can't take anything seriously from this album, though for those knowledgeable of African-American culture, you will find several religious references, such as Five Percenter and Nation of Islam ideology.
Anywho, just listen to the words and laugh your ass off at the cleverness and enjoy the dark, gritty beats. Diary of a Madman is a clever song with the rappers giving their testimonies in a trial, and 1-800-Suicide is a song urging people to commit suicide. Another song, Bang Your Head, though far from metal, obviously refers to headbanging and uses distorted electric guitar samples. This album might remind you of Dr. Octagon, since both fall under the horrorcore subgenre of hip-hop...

G To the R to A to the V E to the D to the I to the G G to the A to the zigzag Z GRAVEDIGGA NIGGA SIX FEET DEEP!

Favorite rhymes:

Nowhere to Run, Nowhere to Hide
I'm obsessed, by the sounds, the track posess
Intellectual, killer, special majestical
Ropin up the devils have em hangin from my testicles
Nowhere to run to ba-bay
There's nowhere to hide

Ahh... fuckit! Another day, another ducat
From here to Nantucket MC's kick the bucket
I'm rugged ruff flow-in up till I bust
While other rappers is flatter than a white girl's butt

Constant Elevation
Diggin graves see, pays my rent for the day
Some hate the image that I must portray
Critics, say "Go to hell" I say "Yeah,
stupid motherfucker I'm already there!"
Fru-strated, mentally aggravated
to be the rebel that society created
I'm good most times but when I'm foul then I'm flagrant
Livin in the shadows like a government agent

Defective Trip (Trippin')
Some people like cheeba, some like brew,
I get mad lifted off four gallons of glue,
Pretty soon I spin like a top, In the middle of the room
And the shit won't stop!
Now What I see when I triiiiippppp.......
The rats in the basement all start to flip,
All through my building, from door to door,
I swear there's a fire, so I piss on the floor,
Now down the corridor was old fat Ned,
Schemin' on a blowjob from a crackhead,
He was like `hey wanna piece little man?'
I was like `Yo, I'm better off with my haaaannnndddd!!!!!
Oh shit, reality returns,
I need another hit but the glue won't burn,
I'm cukoo and murderous, Just plain nuts,
smokin' sodium pentathol cigarette butts,
and trippin'....

 1-800-Suicide
So you wanna die, commit suicide
Dial 1-800-Cyanide line
Far as life, yo it ain't worth it
Put a rope around your neck and jerk it
The trick didn't work
Your life was fucked up from the first day of birth
After watching Jackie Gleason walk into a precinct
Gun down the captain for no fucking reason
And get some LSD or a drink from the bar
Get behind your wheel and crash the car
Like Desert Storm, got bombs for the war
Confront an alligator, let it eat ya raw

Six fucking devils stepped up playing brave God
Had the fucking nerve to try and enta my grave yard
I'm the Ryzarector, be my sacrafice
Commit suicide and I'll bring you back to life
The first was convinced
Stuck a water hose in his mouth at full blast so his head can explode
Second said hmmmm that's good but I can top it
Put an ax up to his head and then he chopped it
Blood shot out in every direction
The rest didn't know what to do, I made suggestions
Put a slug in your mug, overdose on a drug
Wet your hair stick a knife in the plug
Or be like Richard Pryor set your balls on fire
Better yet go hang yourself with a barbed wire
Three and Four fell deep into spell and
Ran to the zoo, locked themselves in a lion's den
Number Five said it ain't worth being alive
Smoked a dust suede, mixed it with cynaide
The only one to escape was number Six
He went home
Sat in the tub and slit his wrists
Yeah, more graves to dig. Goodbye
There's no need to cry...
... cause we all die

Blood Brothers
Power equality
Allah sees equality, follow me
Law and order but I stick it in water
Many heads got slaughtered back in Latin Quarters
Like this brother named Rick was thick but got bit
by the same motherfucker that he ran with
Band of the hand the Clan's my fam
Something mom duke could never understand
From the grave to the gutter
Death to another, who tries to fuck with my blood brothers

Diary of a Madman (amazing dark beat)
Be a witness, as I excersize my exorcism
The evil that lurks within the sin, the terrorism
Possessed by evil spirits, voices from the dead
I come forth with gravediggaz in a head full of dread
I've been examined ever since I was semen
They took a sonogram and seen the image of a demon

Look deep in my eyes, you'll see visions of death
Possessed by homicide is what I'm obsessed
Giving niggaz brain dimples
Dragging they asses on my hook by they temples
The cause of death is unknown to the cops
Cause when I kill them, I'm not leavin one element to autopse
The year 84, November, day 10
Overwhelmed by the wicked inspirations of an evil djin
I realize my ideas has spawned for 400 years
Of blood sweat and tears
I saw the torture brutal murder of my father
So my brain became stained with the horror
I'm having reoccurring nightmares
Of being soaking wet, strapped down to the electric chair
I got tackled with handcuffs
And shackled in restraint
At the bottom of a holy tabernacle
They gave me nothing to eat for two weeks
And sewed my eye lids open so I couldn't sleep
About to die from thirst, that's when the minister
quenched my jaws with a cold glass of vinegar
Upon my wounds they seasoned my with salt
And nailed my hands feet to the form of the cross
AHH!! I cry
As the blood drips inside of my eye
refusing to die
Visions of hell tormented my face
So I chewed my fucking arm off and made an escape.
Three stages of pure hell
Justications of red cells
*SHH* rain drops hits the pails
Path is dull and narrow
You're stalked by a shadow
I pierced your skull with a fucking arrow
So narrow, only one could enter at a time
Stuck in the center, read the signs
A thousand doors to choose
You better hurry
Don't stop, shit is getting hot as a pot of curr
 Bang Your Head
Here comes the killer with the GraveDigga sword, gimme room
Like devils in a Ouiji board I'm spellin' doom

Thinkin' ain't a new phenom because my crew is on
Spots'll blow like nuclear bombs
With the killer instinct, rhymes are in synch
B-B-B-B-Bang your head til it shrinks!
Midnight marauder, bodies are gettin' slaughtered
Bring a cross and a bucket of holy water
You'll still'a be cajoled, 'cause the motherfuckin' Gravediggaz
Here Comes the Gravediggaz
Soft MCs you better step off
Will a villain ever learn
I'm killin like a mad germ
I burn MCs like a bad perm
Do not turn
'Cause I got you on my infrared
Once I dead
I pop 'em like a pimple's head
I get up and get down like I was gravity
Cause pains like cavity
Thick like a salary
Flow with little or no skills I kill 'em
My shoes are illa makin a mountain out of a molehill
Chill
Or your ass'll be tooken fast
Crossed in the style like Alice in the lookin glass

I don't squawk like a hawk or stalk like a stork
But walk in New York, stay away from pork
Rhymes are by passion
Don't need the hassle
Swingin everything cause I'm king of the castle
Niggas gettin boggled, it scream and squabble
Gravediggaz got the paperback novel
So line by line you should read
Take heed
Or you'll bleed and bleed and bleed and bleed
 Graveyard Chamber
I be the bushwick dutchmaster rapper
I love black women and I hate fuckin crackers

In the streets of new york
Bullshit walk, green talks
I be the giant on the top of your beanstalk
Waving down your flags
Jagged grab niggas with bloody rags
Holdin fat bags
Takin heavy drags
Then I add more shells to the mags
Shots goin off you getin caught like tag
The diamond crystal I be rippin up your flesh tissue
And have my pitbull lockin on your bone gristle
Castin shadows in every battle
I rabble words like scrabble
Drag your brain through the gravel
At the speed of sound of ryhme travel
Allow me to dabble
With a flow that’s infallable
Sendin niggas to the pearly gates
I’m psyched out
I got screws loose like Norman Bates

I stalk the face like a leopard
The microphone shepherd
Is speakin parables one and two, catch it
The brain counselor, track fertilizer,
The murdalizer
You never heard a wiser
I open heads like the archives
Allow me to explain my brain in the darkside

6 Feet Deep
I floss my teeth on the gospel tracks
I'm not an apostle, but I bring the axe to ya back
I chew and attack
Like Crest on plaque
After that, your world is flack






2 comments:

  1. Definitely a different kind of rap that I listen to. Nevertheless, the lyrics were pretty tight and the beats - though very hard - were okay. Out of the songs that you posted, Diary of a Madman is probably my favorite.

    On another note, I think writing about different genres is refreshing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah this type of rap was never really mainstream. It was sort of popular in the 19990s with groups like this and Geto Boys.
    Diary of a Madman has a great beat

    ReplyDelete